For the Men
Birthright recognizes that men have an important role in a pregnancy. We have both men and women volunteers ready to talk with you.
Is She Pregnant?
She Needs Your Help
Talk to Someone that Cares About You
Here’s Some Quick Advice that May be of Benefit to You Right Now:
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
- Talk About It — not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather All The Facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so together you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express Yourself Honestly. It’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Don’t Bail. The more you try to avoid the situation, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don’t Pressure Her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don’t Forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
Birthright is here to listen to your concerns in confidence. If we can help in any way, call us now at 802.865.0056 or our 24/7 Helpline at 800.550.4900. By asking a few questions now, you can change your life forever.